The Artificial Intelligence Research Institute (IIIA) offers two nine month contracts as research developer in the area of Big Data and Machine Learning.
As research developer you will be involved in a confidential industrial research project. Next, we provide a list of tasks which have to be done in the project and in which you, depending on your qualifications, can be involved:
- Understanding mathematical models of texts.
- Building a corpus of classified texts.
- Designing machine learning classifiers dealing with both text and graphs.
- Managing a technical infrastructure for capturing live information (such as tweets) from the internet.
- Developing software (both on the server-side and on the client-side).
- Documenting software.
- Writing technical and mathematical documents.
The positions are a very good opportunity to be actively involved in research in Big Data / Machine Learning. The candidate is expected to boost his knowledge in this topics during this intense nine months.
The positions can open ground towards continuing with the development of a PhD in case the candidate is motivated to pursue a research career.
The candidates are requested to:
- Have finished a degree in computer science. A double degree with Mathemathics will be highly valued.
- Be eager to learn new mathematical models and technologies, specifically in the Big Data/Machine Learning area.
- Have a good knowledge of Python.
- Be able to work with development tools such as Git.
- Be proficient developers.
- Have excellent marks.
- Be heavy workers and motivated by challenges.
Please contact Dr. Jesús Cerquides as soon as possible if you are interested in the positions by directly sending an e-mail to email@example.com